Are you forgot your outlook email login account password. And you are searching for easy ways how to change outlook passwords. Then, stay tuned with this blog. Because In this blog we will tell you the Top three Ways to Change Passwords in Outlook.
Changing Outlook passwords on regular basis required these days because of the increasing incidents of data breaches. Due to data breaches, outlook security professionals recommend you to change your outlook password every 30 to 60 days. If you want to save your data so. In this whole world, most of the corporate offices use the Outlook email account for official purposes. And they follow this security professional’s suggestion and they also ask their employees to comply with it.
That’s why we also recommend you change your outlook password on a regular basis or semi-regular basis. But, if you don’t want to change your Outlook email login account information on a regular basis. Then, you have to that how to do it is essential.
Most of the people who are using Outlook email account, they are not expert in changing their Outlook password. And, they don’t know to use Outlook password recovery tool. Because some people do not have enough knowledge about Oultook email account. So, follow these steps which given below.
Change Outlook Password
If you are thinking of updating profile passwords in Outlook, then you must change them in the following places:
- Email account with an email provider (Microsoft 365, Gmail, iCloud, Exchange server, etc.)
- A desktop utility such as MS Outlook
It is to note that changing your password in the Outlook desktop client doesn’t change your email provider password. Hence, you must first change or update your password with your email provider. Here we are providing the ways to change your Outlook password.
Change your MS Outlook client password
- If you are using Microsoft 365 with monthly updates:
- In Outlook, choose File -> Account Settings -> Update Password.
- Update the password or app password and then click ‘OK.’
- If you’re a Microsoft 365 subscriber with semi-annual updates or you have Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, or 2010, or purchased Outlook as a standalone application:
- Go to File ->Info -> Account Settings -> Manage Profiles
- Next, click on ‘Email Accounts’
- In the newly opened dialog window, click on the ‘Email’ tab and then click on the ‘Change’ button.
- In the ‘Change Account’ window, go to the ‘Logon information’ section and hit ‘Next.
- Now, wait for the tasks to complete. Once the Tasks are checked in green, exit the window by clicking on the ‘Close’ button.
Change Your Outlook.com Password
Changing your password in the Outlook desktop client doesn’t change your email provider password. If you’re using an Apple, Yahoo, or Gmail email in Outlook, follow our guides on how to change password on outlook with those services, then skip to the section directly below to learn how to alter your credentials in the Outlook app itself. Other email providers will require you to visit their respective websites to change your credentials there.
If you’re using an Outlook email address, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Log in to the Microsoft security page
Visit Microsoft’s dedicated security page and sign in. Select Password Security from the dashboard, and follow the on-screen security instructions.
Step 2: Choose a new password
The next page will ask you to confirm your current password again and input your new password. Choose something unique, secure, and long — mixing numbers, special characters, and both lowercase and uppercase letters — and input it twice as requested. Then hit the blue Save button.
And that’s it! You’ve changed your Outlook.com password. If you’re using the Outlook email client, read the next section to learn how to alter your password there.