Setting up a new home is actually a lot of work and is quite complicated than what most people realize. Even if you have gotten the perfect curtains wardrobes and furniture for you home, there’s still something important that is still missing.
Yeah, you guessed it right!
We are talking about curtains here.
Curtains are one of the most important elements of home decor that you simply can’t afford to ignore.
This is because curtains set the tone of the room. In today’s day and age, there are a staggering number of curtains for you to choose from. Whether you are a fan of something light or breezy or even ornamental, the possibilities are nearly endless. The staggering number of options in tracks and fabrics can leave you spoilt for choice and somewhat confused. If you have been struggling to find the best curtains Kenya for you, then read on further to know the different things that will help you in choosing the best curtains for yourself.
1. FIRST THINGS FIRST : Know the difference between curtains and drapes – One of the first things to do before picking out curtains is to know what you actually require for your room. There are many people who end up buying drapes instead of curtains and you really don’t want to end up like one of those people who eventually end up regretting the purchase and rushes for a refund. If you don’t get something other that you don’t need than the amount of sunlight entering your room can get drastically interfered with. Curtains ensure a lot of privacy which makes them the best option for living rooms and bedrooms.
2. Choose the right fabric :- The fabric or the material actually has a lot of bearing on the look, feel and functionality of the curtains. When it comes to curtains you will have plenty of options to choose from right from sheer lace to lightweight cotton and even heavy velvet. One of the main factors to consider while buying curtains is to take the amount of sunlight streaming in, into consider. The second option, will be the mood and decor of the room that you are aiming for.
3. Pick the right color :- The color of the curtains is actually as important as all the points that have been mentioned till now or the points that will be mentioned after. You need to get the right color because the wrong color can easily make or break the look. You should get curtains which are in sync with the rest of the things in the room. On the other hand, if you are aiming for the curtains to be the highlight in the room, then you should pick curtains of a hue that are in contrast with the walls and furniture of the room.
4. Pick the perfect length :- In today’s day and age, more and more homeowners are going for curtains that fall right to the floor level. You may or may not go for them, it all depends on your preferences. If you are aiming for a much more dramatic look, then you can go for curtains that are a little longer to the effect that the drapes end up creating puddles on the floor. Things can change dramatically if you have kids. If you kids in the house, then the first option can actually be pretty bad and you should get curtains that finish a couple of inches above the floor.
5. Always take the width into account :- You should always take the width into account and go for curtains with the right width. The ideal width will depend on the width of the moulding of either your door or your window pane. One of the easiest and the most convenient ways to find the ideal width would to measure the frame and then multiply it by factors of either 2 or 2.5.
Those were 5 of the most important factors that you should keep into consideration while picking out the best curtains for your home. When you have to purchase curtains for your office, then things might be different but that is a topic for some other day. From all the options, you might have to make a pick between lined and unlined variants so take all of your requirements into consideration and then go for the option best suited for you. Always remember that the lining can actually make the curtains a lot heavier, so choose accordingly.
If you don’t wish to put in a lot of efforts to maintain the curtains then go for fabrics that require low maintenance like cotton or synthetic fabrics. On the other hand, if you don’t mind putting in the required efforts, then you can go for silk, sheer and even wool curtains but remember the fact that curtains made from such factors will need to be hand washed and dry cleaned if you intend for them to retain their shape as well as colors. So take all of these factors into consideration and then choose accordingly.