While Outlook is one of the best e-mail programs, it is not flawless. If you’re using a Yahoo Mail account, if it can’t determine things, or if Outlook unable to connect to Yahoo Mail, these solutions will help you fix the problem. Outlook requires that you enable a specific option in your Yahoo Mail account. If it doesn’t recognize the setting, you won’t be able to use your Yahoo Mail account in Outlook.
Also Read: Command Line Switches for Outlook
Why Outlook keeps asking for your Yahoo Mail password
- If you’ve turned on 2-step authentication in your Yahoo Mail account, Outlook may not be able to go through this setting.
- You must configure Yahoo Mail with IMAP. If the information is incorrect, Outlook will still display a password prompt.
- You must use the application’s password feature to create a password for Outlook. A regular password does not work with Outlook.
Fix Outlook unable connect to Yahoo Mail
To fix Outlook that cannot connect to the Yahoo Mail issue, follow these steps:
- Check your IMAP settings
- Create an application-specific password
For more information on these steps, continue reading.
1] Check the IMAP settings
That’s probably the most important setting you should check out. Unlike Gmail or Hotmail accounts, Outlook does not allow users to connect to a Yahoo Mail account. You must select IMAP when setting up a Yahoo Mail account in Outlook. The steps look like this –
First, go through the standard options to enter your @yahoo.com email account into Outlook. After a few moments, it will show you some options where you need to select IMAP.
Then enter the values and settings as follows –
- Server: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- Gate: 993
- Encryption method: SSL / TLS
- Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- Port: 465
- Encryption method: SSL / TLS
Don’t forget to check the box next to the Require logo using the Secure Password Authentication (SPA) check boxes.
When you’re done, click Next and enter your password.
2] Create an application password
The first tutorial ends by entering the password in Outlook. However, if you use a regular account password, Outlook will not allow you to access your e-mail account. You must create an application-specific password.
- To do this, log in to your Yahoo Mail account> hover your mouse over the profile picture> select Account Information.
- Go to the Account Security tab and enter your password to confirm yourself. Then click the Create Application Password button.
- Next, select an option on the Outlook desktop from the drop-down list and click the Create button.
- Copy the password from the website and paste it into Outlook.
If you proceed next, your Yahoo Mail account has been added to Outlook.
Also Read: Ways to Resolve “Outlook error 0x800CCC67”
part of it, if you’ve turned on 2-step verification, it’s a good idea to temporarily disable it, set up your account, and re-enable it.
If still you are facing same Outlook unable to connect to Yahoo Mail issue. Then you can dial Outlook Helpline Number +1-877-804-0107 (toll-free) USA-CA.